Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here's a truly gross example of the Mercedes ML design flaw at work

This isn't the best photo -- taken on a walk-by across the street with my iPhone on a very heavy pedestrian traffic street -- because you can't see that this Mercedes ML is literally rusting from every orifice the SUV has: door handles, gas tank lid, tailgate handle, headlights, you name it. It looks like the water even rusted out the taillight brackets and screws and the folks duck-tapped it into place.

You can see the major rust areas ok but the full effect isn't there, like it is when you see this in the wilds. (I painted over the license plate, which also hides . . . even more rust examples!) This is a 320 so probably, what, with options, $40k or so new?

Hey Mercedes, I am, by the way, still waiting on that follow-up call on how you were going to help ME with my TWO ML 500s . . . Interesting that Mercedes made sure it was all phone calls and messages on their end, huh. Nothing in writing. However, I use a digital phone system so I will be posting a cryptic (but telling) voicemail or two your folks DID leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment