Sunday, October 3, 2010

This week, some local examples

I want to make sure people take a look around and notice the Mercedes ML -- any model, from the underpowered 320 to the 500 -- and how it was designed to be, well, rusty. I say designed to be because I think the engineers were incompetent and we get product designed to rust. I say this is a design flaw and Mercedes should fix it proper (like Germany and the Uk require the company to do).

I was wandering around taking photos; I live in a rural setting, very small town but relatively well off so photos of MLs aren't easy but they aren't impossible. I think there are five MLs in all the adjacent towns.I got some okay shots so far: they show what I'm talking about, once you know what to look for. I'll have to wipe license plates and other identifying items. I missed taking the photo of the local ML that I really want to post because it went by and I didn't have camera in hand. It's a 320 that looks like it is weeping rust from every pore of its existence.

Just maybe, you'll start noticing this design flaw in MLs you see. Oh, and soon, I will also be posting the letter I wrote to Mercedes Corporate when I realized the dealership wasn't equipped to even respond to my questions.

And I'll tell the tale of what Mercedes corporate did from there: deep concern, phone calls, "active interest from our design and QA teams" and what happened next.

PS In the meantime, here's a picture of what's happening that causes that external rust. This is what I found when I looked down one day -- never really look at door seams, do you? -- on the rear right hand side door. Toddler generally sits in child's seat, so always was busy eyes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment